Prioritising safety, health and wellbeing, environment, sustainability
UK Power Networks Services' vision to be an employer of choice and a respected corporate citizen means we strive to make sure injuries and ill-health are not suffered as a result of daily duties at work.
We look to ensure that we are doing everything that delivers a safety culture within our business and the businesses we work with. We deliver our works to ensure all our staff and contractors stay safe by abiding by our safety principles:
- Every job will be done safely and with due care for the environment no matter how important or urgent it is.
- Each near miss we learn from reduces the chance of harm next time.
- All staff and contractors have a personal responsibility for their own health and safety, and for those around them.
- Putting people to work carries a specific responsibility and accountability for safety and health, which will be visibly demonstrated.
- Each of us will spot, report and deal with hazards to help create a harm-free workplace.