True collaboration - working with each other rather than against each other - is the key to delivering successful projects and achieving fruitful long-term partnerships. This helps us meet our core values; integrity; diversity & inclusiveness; responsibility; continuous improvement; unity; and respect.
All our strategic alliances operate within BS11000, the industry standard for Collaborative Business Relationships, ensuring a common purpose in culture, philosophy and application between partners.
We work alongside our suppliers to deliver best-in-class value for our customers and strive for continuous improvement and transparent communications. If you’re interested in working with us in this way, here’s a brief outline of what you’ll need to know.
- We are the non-regulated division of UK Power Networks and, as such, we’re exempt from the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended) which implement Directive 2004/17/EC.(UCR). However, we do have to comply with competition law and best practice as outlined in our Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- We encourage greater competition by opening up markets and we’ll competitively tender works, goods and services above certain values.
- We pre-qualify vendors to ensure they meet our required levels of health, safety, environment, quality, CDM capability, ethical, commercial and financial stability standards.
- Prospective vendors must be registered with Achilles UVDB http://www.achilles.com as a minimum standard. Achilles RISQS is accepted in place of Achilles UVDB for vendors working within our rail business. If you’re interested, please send an email with contact details to email@example.com.
- Vendors undertaking ‘High Risk’ activities on our behalf must comply with Pre-qualification and Approval Procedures and undergo the Achilles Verify audit before starting any work.
Collaboration helps build good relationships faster.
But it still only happens if both sides are open to doing it