UK Power Networks Services has a long and well established track record in the construction of electrification networks and associated equipment, across both High and Low Voltage infrastructures.
Our construction services include new electrification infrastructure, enhancement works to increase and reinforce networks, as well as the replacement of life expired equipment. Our new installations adopt the latest technological advances to deliver improved efficiency and sustainability.
Our construction team takes detailed designs and turns them into effective solutions to meet our clients’ developing needs, on time and within budget. We can provide all aspects of the installation phase, from one-offs to multiple installations across a wide geographic base.
We tailor construction projects to the requirements of the system and the needs of our clients to ensure a robust and efficient power infrastructure provision. We can use traditional building construction or new modular off-site construction to help reduce local impact.
Our construction capabilities include:
- New High Voltage substation and network construction across the voltage range 132kV to 11kV for conventional power networks
- New High Voltage substation and network construction across the voltage range 132kV to 11kV for Traction Power Networks
- New DC traction power substation for railways in the Southern region and for London Underground
- Traction power substations for light rail including tram systems.
- Replacement of life expired equipment across the range of HV and LV infrastructure
- Provision of all associated civil works related to individual site needs
- Railway trackside works connecting substation equipment to end-user infrastructure
- Airside working capability designing and constructing HV & LV networks to support critical client infrastructure
Each construction project is tailored to the requirements of the system and the needs of the client to ensure a seamless transition to meet our clients’ growing needs for a robust and efficient power infrastructure provision.