Operations & Maintenance
Our experts undertake routine and reactive maintenance of 0.415kV-132kV distribution networks across the UK. Working on behalf of major Infrastructure clients we are responsible for ensuring that the electrical distribution networks of some of the UK’s key infrastructures are operated, maintained and fit for purpose.
Our Operations and Maintenance activities include:
- Safe operation and maintenance of the electrical network by UK Power Networks authorised competent engineers. Providing Control Engineer support as necessary.
- Scheduled HV / LV Maintenance. SF6, vacuum and oil-filled switchgear maintenance undertaken by fully trained and competent engineers in line with UK Power Networks Services’ standards and maintenance schedules.
- Scheduled maintenance inspections to Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations (ESQC) standard (including thermographic).
- Oil testing / handling.
- Discharge testing.
- 17th Edition testing.
- Advice on ‘Operational Restrictions’ and working with clients to mitigate and remove restrictions in a timely manner.
- Record-keeping - retaining comprehensive records of all maintenance activities and making condition reports available.
- Recommending network improvements.
- ‘One stop shop’ capability for completion of all remedial and recommended works.
- 24/7 ‘on-call support’.
- Fault investigation and repairs.
- Managing / operating Electrical Distribution Network under UK Power Network Distribution Safety Rules.
- Asset condition monitoring
Our experts are responsible for ensuring that the electrical distribution networks of some of the UK’s key infrastructures are operated, maintained and fit for purpose.