As the COVID-19 crisis continues and the UK experiences an increase in cases across the country, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, the public and our clients remains our top priority.
We are continuing to follow the advice from Public Health England and the UK Government and are reviewing our business continuity plans. Our operational staff are continuing to use personal protective equipment (PPE) and observe social distancing measures.
Our office-based staff are encouraged to work from home where possible in line with government advice, however, we do not anticipate any impact on the service we deliver for our clients. Our offices and depots are COVID-secure and will remain open with a number of measures in place, including temperature checks upon arrival, one way walking systems in stairwells and corridors, multiple cleaning and sanitising stations and social distancing markers on the floor.
We are continuing to deliver many essential projects for our clients. We have modified our methods of working by incorporating risk mitigation including travel arrangements, social distancing, additional hygiene and closely monitoring the wellbeing of our staff.
We will continue to:
- Direct office-based staff to work from home wherever possible.
- Operational staff to be located at key sites on lone worker basis to ensure rapid response for client network issues.
- Undertake all meetings and management team briefings via conference call where practical.
- Take on only essential works and works identified by the client as necessary to continue.
- Continue emergency response and restoration on critical infrastructure.
- Undertake increased hygiene arrangements across all premises to minimise the risk of infection.
- Ensure any employees returning from overseas are following the relevant advice.
- Avoid all unnecessary travel and large gatherings.
- Avoid, wherever possible, the need for staff to travel by public transport and between offices.
- Minimise any training and apply revised safe methodology.
- Minimise face-to-face meetings but always maintain social distancing practices if they need to occur.
- Arrange additional security clearances and for additional operational staff to work on multiple sites.
- Provide employees with support and information via a dedicated phone line.
- Engage with our clients to understand and comply with their plans and contribute to their resilience activities.
- Arrange extra cleaning at our sites.
- Liaise with our supply chain to ensure we can import the materials and equipment needed to continue to serve our clients safely and reliably.
- Support our clients by attending regular client meetings by conference call.
- Ensure all staff have the necessary PPE and washing/sanitising products available to them.
We look forward to continue to work together and to navigate the recovery from COVID-19. Our focus has always been, and will continue to be, on providing energy solutions that improve performance and deliver commercial benefits. Our commitment to delivering sustainable solutions will continue and will be a key factor in aiding post-COVID recovery.