How can I connect to the electricity network?
As an Independent Connection Provider (ICP), we understand that your new electricity connection needs to be delivered in a safe, reliable and cost effective way. We have a long track record throughout the UK of successfully meeting clients’ power requirements through the design and build of electrical infrastructure, from the point of connection to the local distribution network to their onsite infrastructure.
Our team of experts:
- Are National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) accredited as an independent connection provider for contestable works.
- Provide a nominated Project Manager for every connection so you know someone is always on hand for progress updates and to make sure any questions are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with our clients to ensure delivery programmes are agreed, progress is regularly monitored and deadlines are met.
- Support customers to develop their requirements, taking account of current needs and future aspirations, supporting business objectives and sustainability goals.
- Apply industry best practice and integrate the latest in emerging technologies to develop connections solutions that encompass grid connection through to onsite infrastructure needs.
- Work closely with the local DNO to ensure seamless delivery of connections on time, every time.
How we can help
As an established ICP, we support our clients to ensure their new connection requirements are safely delivered to the highest standard, on time, in the most cost effective and innovative way.
Our extensive in-house capability, including designers, planners, authorised engineers and project managers are experienced in designing and building complex and essential electricity distribution networks.
In addition to the connection work, we can support you by taking a long term, holistic view of your energy infrastructure. Our range of solutions enable us to provide an end-to-end service to reduce your energy bills, decarbonise your assets and improve the resilience of your electricity network. Whatever your needs we will work with you to deliver a customised solution.
You can trust us. We have been delivering for some of the UK’s most critical electricity infrastructure for over 50 years, including High Speed 1, Network Rail, London Underground, Docklands Light Railway, and EDF (Hinkley Point C). We also deliver for leading UK airports, Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and London City.
We deliver work associated with a connection to the distribution network, including:
- Cable laying, (LV, 11kV, 33kV & 132kV)
- Diversion or reinforcement of LV, 11kV or 33kV circuits
- Diversion or reinforcement of substations
- Erection of new overhead lines
- Installation of substation plant
- Cable jointing and termination
How can I arrange connection to the distribution network for a new development?
It’s straightforward, just let us know where your development is and what your requirements are and we will provide you with a proposal for the connection to the distribution network. We will make the necessary arrangements with the local DNO, or IDNO, and ensure any work they have to do is coordinated with our works.
How can I ensure my development capacity requirements are met?
We will work with you to understand your capacity requirements and design the optimum solution to meet those requirements. Our design engineers will work with the local DNO, where necessary, to identify the preferred point of connection to the distribution network to meet your expected demand. We also have experienced in-house consultants who can help you determine the most suitable technical and commercial solution for your entire development if required.
How can I be sure the connection will be energised in line with the site construction programme?
We understand the importance of meeting the delivery programme for connection to the distribution network for a new development. Our experienced designers, planners and engineers work closely with you, and your partners, from outline design through to construction on site to ensure your deadlines are achieved.
How can I reduce the cost of Connection to the distribution network?
By utilising our local in-house resources and an efficient and effective supply chain, our ICP Solution Offering is a competitive alternative to other providers. We ensure our proposal for the connection to the distribution network includes for the most cost effective design whilst also ensuring resilience and quality is maintained.
How can I be sure the electrical infrastructure is built to the optimum quality and in line with the correct standards?
Our knowledgeable design engineers understand electricity networks and make sure quality is at the forefront of all designs. We are experienced with Distribution Network Operator standards and, being closely affiliated with one of the UK’s largest DNOs, we take pride in operating to the highest quality and industry leading standards. Our experienced training resources, make sure we keep up to date with industry developments.
Request a network connection
Please follow the link below and fill out the enquiry form. We will get back to you as soon as possible about your new connection.
Energy bills are set to continue to rise, with additional pressure coming from renewable energy levies and the scarcity of fossil fuels.
A growing business needs a safe and sustainable electrical distribution network that can grow with it.