How can I operate and maintain my network?
No matter the size of your business, having a resilient power supply that is supported by a safe, efficient and operational infrastructure is mission critical. Gartner estimates the average cost of downtime, which could be caused by a power failure, is £3,900 per minute which equates to more than £230,000 an hour.
Yet, it may not make sense to operate and maintain your energy networks internally if this is not your core business, and the task often requires specialist knowledge and expertise.
How we can help
We are experts at energy infrastructure solutions. We provide high voltage (HV) equipment, maintenance, operation and services across the whole of the UK.
We have extensive experience in maintaining and optimising electrical distribution networks from 400V to 33kV for over 300 clients including High Speed 1, Southern Water, South East Water, Essex and Suffolk Water, Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and London City Airports and numerous other clients where their power infrastructure is critical to their operation.
Delivering assured solutions:
- We ensure compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- We operate your HV equipment to meet its operational requirements and ensure your equipment is optimised and fit for purpose at all times
- We offer an emergency response resource, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- In case of emergency operations, our team of highly skilled staff will arrive on site within 2 hours of request along with the appropriate equipment
- A single point of contact will be assigned so you need not worry about who to contact in case of issues
- We have a huge range of experience in testing various types of protection relays, old electromechanical types through to modern microprocessor numerical types.
- We can undertake full turn-key projects for installing new high and low voltage apparatus and substation installations including civil construction works, cable installation/jointing and testing, substation electrical fit outs, earthing installation and testing and all commissioning, senior authorised personnel (SAP) and energisation works associated with the installation.
By ensuring optimal and sustainable management of asset performance, risks and expenditure over the full asset lifecycle, our clients are able to make better strategic investment decisions to meet their business objectives knowing that our team of specialist experts are on hand to ensure safety, resilience and security of supply.
Related case studies
We provide operation and maintenance support for Southern Water’s 70 high voltage sites in the UK.
We upgraded the electricity infrastructure to enable the rebuild and refurbishment of living and working accommodation for nearly 19,000 military personnel and their families.
We have been responsible for the operation and maintenance of the electrical distribution system at The University of Kent Canterbury Campus since 2009.